ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
What is a Root Canal and How Do You Treat It?
Root canals get a bad rap, but our family dentist at Smith Dentistry is here to help alleviate your concerns about pain and make sure you have a comfortable experience. We’ll start by helping you understand the process.
- A root canal, also called endodontic therapy, is a procedure used to recover a tooth that has become severely infected or decayed.
- During the treatment, infected tooth pulp is removed and cleaned.
- Symptoms of infected tooth pulp include:
- Increased tooth sensitivity
- Pain when biting
- Bad taste in your mouth
What To Expect During Your Root Canal Procedure
Here’s what you can expect from your gentle root canal treatment at Smith Dentistry.
- Local anesthesia is used to numb the tooth.
- Small tools will be used to clean out the infected area through the top of the tooth.
- The disinfected cavity is filled.
- A dental crown will be applied to the top of the tooth.
For questions about cost or to schedule an appointment if you think you may need root canal treatment, contact Smith Dentistry in Wilmington, North Carolina today.
CONTACT SMITH DENTISTRY
Need to schedule an appointment with Dr. Smith? Maybe you just have some questions about our treatment options. Whatever you need we’re happy to help. Fill out our convenient contact form or call our office at (910) 762-5235.