Tooth Cavity Treatment
A tooth cavity can happen to anyone. Even adults who are diligent about brushing and flossing every day may still get the occasional dental cavity. So how do you know when you might have a cavity and what should be done about it?
How to Know If You Have a Tooth Cavity
You may have a cavity if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Sharp, focused pain in a tooth that is especially evident when biting down.
- Increased tooth sensitivity to cold temperatures and sugar.
- Visible black, brown, or white stains on the surface of the tooth.
- A hole or pit in a tooth that you can see or feel.
Dental Cavity Treatment
Most dental cavities are treated with a simple filling. Dr. Smith will apply the following steps during a filling.
- Numb your mouth to prevent pain.
- Remove the decayed area of the tooth.
- Clean the infected area.
- Fill in the cavity with a special material.
The best way to prevent cavities is with regular dental cleanings and exams. Smith Family Dentistry is your family dentist in Wilmington, NC, and can provide you with the dental care and cavity treatment needed to keep cavities away and leave you with a happy, healthy smile. Schedule your appointment online or by calling (910) 762-5235.
CONTACT SMITH DENTISTRY
Need to schedule an appointment with Dr. Smith? Maybe you just have some questions about our treatment options. Whatever you need we’re happy to help. Fill out our convenient contact form or call our office at (910) 762-5235.