CAVITY FILLINGS AND TREATMENT
How To Know If You May Have A Tooth Cavity
Tooth cavities can happen to anyone even when you take care to brush and floss every day. Don’t let decay get worse — visit Smith Family Dentistry for quick and easy treatment when you notice cavity symptoms.
- Unchecked plaque buildup can result in tooth decay.
- The holes that form as a result are called cavities.
- Common cavity symptoms include:
- Sharp, unexplained tooth pain
- Increased tooth sensitivity to temperature and sugar
- Pain when you bite down
- Visible black, brown, or white stains
What to Expect: Gentle Cavity Treatment
We treat most cavities with tooth fillings. During the procedure Dr. Smith will:
- Numb your mouth to prevent pain
- Remove the decayed area of the tooth
- Clean the infected area
- Fill in the cavity with a special material
Smith Family Dentistry in Wilmington, North Carolina can take care of your regular dental care, as well as any treatment you may need for cavities or other dental conditions. Schedule your appointment today.
CONTACT SMITH DENTISTRY
Need to schedule an appointment with Dr. Smith? Maybe you just have some questions about our treatment options. Whatever you need we’re happy to help. Fill out our convenient contact form or call our office at (910) 762-5235.